How to Enroll
An application must be completed and submitted to the LWH Student Services Office, located in Building 4 (east side of campus).
The mailing address is:
Lorenzo Walker Technical High School
3702 Estey Avenue
Naples, FL 34104
Students must be high school students who live in the Naples or Marco Island areas. All students will work towards a standard diploma and technical certification. If you are applying for the next school year, the regular application window runs from October through December; late applicants are admitted based upon space availability, or will be placed on a waiting list. If you are applying to enroll/transfer in the current school year, applications should be sent immediately to the LWH Student Services Office.
Based upon space availability, students may transfer to LWTHS in their sophomore through senior years, assuming they have taken prior coursework that keeps them on pace to graduate on time, given the requirements of the LWTHS schedule. For more information regarding transfers in after the freshman year, please call 239-377-3300.
- The application process opens in February. During February, visits are made to all Collier County Public Schools middle schools, with all eighth graders attending these presentations.
- In March, an evening open house is held for interested families.
- The application deadline is March 15th.
- Notifications are made for on-time applications by April 15th.
If more than 150 students per grade level apply by the regular deadline, a lottery will be held. Students not selected in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list.
- Applications are accepted after the regular deadline application. Should the grade level being applied for still have openings after all on-time applicants have been placed, late applicants will be admitted.
- Should late applications be received for a grade level which is full based on its on-time applications, late applicants will be placed on the waiting list in order of date of application received.
- Although transferring into LWTHS after the freshman year may be difficult from a scheduling standpoint, transfers are admitted based upon space availability.
- The application window and timeline for transfers is the same as the Regular timeline, for those seeking admission for the NEXT school year. For those seeking to transfer during the CURRENT school year, applications should be submitted as quickly as possible. Current-school-year transfers are typically only accepted during the first two weeks of each semester.
- Transfer students must be Collier County residents seeking standard high school diplomas. Students accepted as transfer students must be on track for on-time graduation, given the limited opportunities within the required LWTHS curriculum for the make-up of graduation requirements.
- Acceptance as a transfer student during the junior or senior years does not guarantee admission into a specific career program of the student's choice. Admission into the LWIT career programs is based upon space availability and, with some programs, other eligibility requirements (please call 239-377-0903 for more information).
- Return completed application to the address listed on reverse
- Regular admissions deadline is March 15
- Apply after March 15 for admission based upon space availability
- Admission for grade 9 is based upon FCAT status for 150 available spaces and possible lottery
- Admission for grade 10 is based upon FCAT status and space availability
- Admission for grade 11 is based upon courses needed by student, FCAT status, and space availability
- Admission for grade 12 is considered on a case by case basis